- City of Lovington population: 9693 (2006 American Fact Finder)
- Lea County population: 56,719 (2006 American Fact Finder)
- Elevation: 3,600 feet
- Summer Average Temperature: 79.3 degrees
- Winter Average Temperature: 41.2 degrees
- Annual Average Precipitation: 14.9"
- Sunshine Days per Year: 320
- Economic Base: Ranching, state/county and city government, oil field and dairy industries.
Located in southeastern New Mexico, the people of Lovington invite you to participate in a growing economic development opportunity. Lovington is uncrowded, friendly, and progressive. Lovington enjoys a dry temperate climate, has clean water and air, low taxes and low crime rate. Land and real estate prices are low and opportunity is here! It is a good place to live, work, and raise a family. Let us show you our community, of which we are very proud.