- City of Lovington population: 9693 (2006 American Fact Finder)
- Lea County population: 56,719 (2006 American Fact Finder)
- Elevation: 3,600 feet
- Summer Average Temperature: 79.3 degrees
- Winter Average Temperature: 41.2 degrees
- Annual Average Precipitation: 14.9"
- Sunshine Days per Year: 320
- Economic Base: Ranching, state/county and city government, oil field and dairy industries.
Hobbs is the gateway to New Mexico - the Land of Enchantment.
Hobbs is the largest municipality in Lea County, the southeastern-most county of New Mexico’s 33 counties, and situated on the far western edge of the Llano Estacado.
Like much of southern New Mexico, the Hobbs area represents the best of the “high desert,” with its blue skies and warm sunshine. The Hobbs area exhibits a truly multicultural heritage: Native American legacy, cowboy legend, farming traditions and Hispanic culture...