- City of Lovington population: 9693 (2006 American Fact Finder)
- Lea County population: 56,719 (2006 American Fact Finder)
- Elevation: 3,600 feet
- Summer Average Temperature: 79.3 degrees
- Winter Average Temperature: 41.2 degrees
- Annual Average Precipitation: 14.9"
- Sunshine Days per Year: 320
- Economic Base: Ranching, state/county and city government, oil field and dairy industries.
Town of Tatum-James G. Tatum arrived in the Tatum area sometime in August 1909. He and a friend from Ranger Lake built a combination house and store located at the intersection of present-day Hwy 380 and Hwy 206. He applied for a post office in December 1909. Tatum's population is approximately 683.