Resource Library« Back to Search Results
The Lovington Fire Department was officially established on April 7th, 1931 as a volunteer department. On July 1st, 1972, the City of Lovington Fire Department assumed ambulance responsibilities. In 1985, the fire department made the transition to a full time paid department and absorbed the volunteers as part time employees in 1992. Today, the Lovington Fire Department employs twenty-one full time personnel.