Why Lovington, New Mexico!
Lovington is the county seat. The community was named for brothers Robert Florence Love and James B. Love, settlers. The latitude of Lovington is 32.943N. The longitude is -103.348W. It is in the Mountain Standard time zone.
Lovington is the hometown of star NFL football player Brian Urlacher. Lovington is also the former home of professional golfers Ronnie Black and Sean Murphy. Paul L. Foster, billionaire philanthropist and President of Western Refining is also formerly from Lovington.
- Home of the annual World’s Greatest Lizard Race…and much, much more!
- The community of Lovington is very progressive community.
- We are actively assisting not only new businesses but existing businesses.
- The atmosphere is pro – industry.
- Abundant energy is available – electrical, gas, water and potential wind energy.
- Lovington is an affiliate of New Mexico Main Street and Keep America Beautiful programs.
- Lovington stands ready to meet your needs.
- Lovington has been designated by the state of New Mexico as a Certified Community.