- City of Lovington population: 9693 (2006 American Fact Finder)
- Lea County population: 56,719 (2006 American Fact Finder)
- Elevation: 3,600 feet
- Summer Average Temperature: 79.3 degrees
- Winter Average Temperature: 41.2 degrees
- Annual Average Precipitation: 14.9"
- Sunshine Days per Year: 320
- Economic Base: Ranching, state/county and city government, oil field and dairy industries.
The home of "Hobbspitality," located on the Campus of New Mexico Junior College in Hobbs, NM, the Western Heritage Museum and Lea County Cowboy Hall of Fame strives to be the regional leader in the preservation and exhibition of artifacts and materials documenting the Cowboy and Ranching Heritage of Southeast New Mexico and West Texas.